As I was transforming my longtime passion for photography into a full-fledged business a few years ago, one of my stated missions was to commit a portion of my profits to give back to my community in Connecticut, particularly the children.
With the support of area designers, retailers, and corporations who buy and sell my art, my business is thriving. I’m pleased to report that over the years I have donated funds to the following organizations:
- Since 2013, Barbara Erdmann Photography has supported full tuition for a number of deserving children to attend the Summer Camp for Kids at The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk. Sharing the joy of the Long Island Sound with these children, who live so close to the water but know little about it, is a real pleasure for me.
- Horizons, which is based out of the New Canaan Country Day School, builds brighter futures for K -12 students from low-income families by creating year-round academic, artistic, and athletic opportunities. I’m very happy to support their year-round Student Enrichment Program.
- Open Door Shelter • Norwalk. I am supporting their important after-school program.
- Carver Foundation of Norwalk. The Carver Center provides after school and summer programs for students.
- Norwalk Boy Scouts. Supporting the Boy Scouts’ outreach and life-skills activities.
- Chelsea Piers • Stamford, Connecticut offers a cornucopia of sports-related activities, including youth sports and summer camps. My donations enabled underprivileged kids to have access to all the wonderful activities there.
- Norwalk Grass Roots Tennis Norwalk Grassroots Tennis is changing the lives of inner city children, and I was happy to support their mission.
I’ve enjoyed my involvement with all of these fine organizations. I encourage you to please check them out and help make a difference.